OUR LAUNCH TO HYBRID CARE
During the Covid pandemic, Four County made an almost overnight shift in care operations to virtual and phone-based care. This was necessitated by the pandemic but have found in the process that leveraging telehealth services has produced substantial
gains in how accessible and convenient care can be for consumers while sustaining all quality. Virtual care has now become foundational to how we deliver care at Four County. This means that providers and consumers have options: all virtual care, all
in-person care, or hybrid care (a combination of in-person and virtual).
Of services went VIRTUAL within 48 hours of State Shelter-in-Place order
More than 98% of program and service continuity during the pandemic
16% INCREASE In services during the first 6 weeks of State Shelter-in-Place order
10% DECREASE In no show rates with increase in virtual care access
EXPANDING OUR GEOGRAPHIC FOOTPRINT
Four County started as the designated Community Mental Health Center
(CMHC) of four northern counties: Cass, Pulaski, Fulton, and Miami Counties. With continued growth and efforts to serve the rural communities of North Central Indiana, we have expanded services to:
EXCELLENCE IN CRISIS CARE
The Mobile Crisis Team (MCT) was created in September 2020 to support Law Enforcement in responding to mental health and substance use crises and psychiatric emergencies in the community throughout Cass, Miami, Fulton, and Pulaski Counties. For so long, individuals had no choice but to go to the emergency room or contact law enforcement due to lack of resources or knowledge of available resources. MCT works collaboratively with local law enforcement of Cass, Miami, Fulton, and Pulaski Counties, community based mental health and substance use agencies, and emergency rooms/hospitals to increase the safety of individuals in a crisis. MCT responds to calls from law enforcement for youth and adults.
- Telephone Triage: Trained mental health professionals are available to evaluate, prevent or resolve a crisis.
- Crisis Response: If care is needed beyond a phone call a response team will go to the individual and work to resolve the crisis.
- Crisis Stabilization: MCT offers short-term assistance and case management services inside and outside of the home to prevent crisis recurrence.
- After Care: Follow-up and referral to care is available to the individual. MCT is here to ensure a smooth transition to any support and services that may be necessary.
Deployments since program launch September 2020
Over 1,600 post-crisis community stabilization contacts to date
Over 67% inpatient hospitalizations diverted
BETTER CARE BY THE NUMBERS
- Over 341,000 Services Provided (25% growth in services)
- Over 8,000 Individuals Served
- Over 5,300 Admissions
- Over 1,800 Admissions to Psychiatric Medication Clinic
- Over 2,000 Peer Recovery contacts
- Over 3,837 Adult Inpatient Bed Days
- 1 Acute Care Unit
- 3 Residential Locations (and growing!)
- 7 Outpatient Satellite Offices
- 11 Microclinics
- 33 School Corporations
- 110 School Buildings
of clients would recommend Four County Services to others
of clients have found they can better handle daily life
of clients have improved functionality while at school or work
of clients are better at coping with challenges and crisis