In response to state, federal, and CDC guidance, Four County has implemented the following:
Four County Takes Precaution Against COVID-19
Masks are now required when receiving services at our agency.
Acute Care Unit:
For our inpatient psychiatric unit, we are currently limiting visitor contact to phone or other alternative methods in lieu of in-person visits. If you have questions, please contact (574) 722-5151 and asked to be transferred to our Inpatient Unit. We appreciate you cooperation and understanding. Visitor restrictions will be in place until further notice.
Residential Treatment Programs:
For our Group Living Programs (Supervised Group Living and Transitional Residential Living) , we are currently limiting visitor contact to phone or other alternative methods in lieu of in-person visits. If you have questions, please contact Paige McAninch, 574-870-5558 or Melissa Robertson, 765-480-7870. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding. Visitor restrictions will be in place until further notice.
All appointments are currently being offered through phone and tele-health options as part of Covid-19 response. If you are wanting to make a new appointment, call 574 722-5151. Your first appointment will be by phone. If you are a current client, your upcoming appointment time and date is unchanged and your provider will call you at that time.
If you have an upcoming scheduled injection appointment and you answer Yes to any of the below please call ahead to talk with the Nurse about rescheduling and other options.
1. Have you or anyone in your household had any of the following symptoms in the last 14 days: sore throat, cough, chills, body aches for unknown reasons, shortness of breath for unknown reasons, loss of smell, loss of taste, fever at or greater than 100 degrees Fahrenheit?
2. Have you or anyone in your household been tested for COVID-19?
3. Do you have any reason to believe you or anyone in your household has been exposed to or acquired COVID-19?
4. Have you been advised to self-quarantine because of exposure to someone with SARS-CoV-2 infection?
*Screening questions may change based on CDC guidance and local risk factors
**Screening questions are asked for any service that would take place in-person to ensure consumer and staff health
If for any reason you must enter a Four County location, please bring and wear you personal facial mask. If you screen positive on screening questions, you may be asked to wear a procedural mask and triaged to separate wait room space. Please note that our staff will also be wearing their facial masks during an in-person visit and while moving through the building. Four County’s Facility department has taken extra steps for cleaning and disinfecting our office and high-touch areas. We ask that all staff and consumers keep the recommended 6 feet of physical distancing between each other.
If you are experiencing recent onset illness and have questions on what to do. Please contact your primary care physician or local health department or hospital. Information regarding Covid-19 can be found at the following websites:
General questions from the public about COVID-19 may be directed to the ISDH COVID-19 Call Center at the toll-free number 877-826-0011 (available 24/7).
The Centers for Disease Control recommends following these personal precautionary steps:
• Wash your hands often and thoroughly with soap and water (or hand sanitizer, when available, with at least 60% alcohol content) for a minimum of 20 seconds
• Keep a distance of at least six (6) feet between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
• Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing (e.g. use a tissue that you then immediately throw away or cough into your elbow)
• Social distancing
• Stay home if you are not feeling well (this includes consumers and Four County staff)